Pregnancy is that stage of a woman’s life where she transforms from the use of a spouse to a mother. During this phase, it’s crucial for the expectant mother to make sure the ideal quantity of nutrition is offered to the fetus growing inside her and make sure she will not compromise her health. For this, it is crucial for the expectant mother to maintain her immunity levels.
Immunity boosting foods
As part of the expectant mother’s pregnancy diet and care. Vitamin C is a fantastic immunity booster. It’s vital for pregnant women to eat foods rich in Vitamin C to maintain their immunity at an optimum level.
- Vegetables and Citrus Fruits such like lemon, orange and others are full of Vitamin C. The suggested intake of Vitamin C for expectant moms (EM), on a daily basis is 5000 mg. In the event the expectant mother experiences signs of diarrhoea, she must stop consuming Vitamin C or Vitamin C rich foods.
- Rich in nutrients such as minerals and vitamins, eggs is ideal to increase the immunity levels of EM. While the expectant mom adds eggs into her diet, it’s very important to ensure she does not consume raw or partially cooked eggs since they might be poisonous. The expectant mom can swallow eggs with juices to compensate for the absence of Vitamin C.
- Curd or yoghurt is a rich source of nourishment. Consuming yoghurt or curd during the time of pregnancy from the EM will boost to her immunity levels substantially. Since curd or yoghurt comprises a good deal of good bacteria, the use of yoghurt will lead to better digestion also. While curd or yoghurt can be added to a lot of food products, consuming it in its normal form is the healthiest for the expectant mom.
- Almonds provide a good deal of nourishment for the EM while also aiding in the process of energy generation because of the presence of elements like manganese, riboflavin, and copper. Almonds also have a great quantity of folic acid, which is important to the growth of the baby’s brain in addition to the nervous system.
- Bright colored foods such as carrots, pumpkins, mangoes, and similar fruits and vegetables are packed with Vitamin A. This specific vitamin is a fantastic source of antioxidants. Adding the aforementioned food items to the diet of a pregnant woman will surely help keep her immunity levels in check. Also, it is going to ensure she can fight infections, if any, in this period.
These foods, when integrated into her pregnancy diet, will ensure a safer, stronger, and healthy pregnancy. Additionally it is vital for moms to integrate exercise as part of the pregnancy care routine along with the food items mentioned previously. Exercise will help a good deal in boosting immunity levels.