It was said that music is the medicine for broken hearts. However practical and analytical you’re, music will touch your heart removing all the barriers of logic. Maybe you have felt how a particular monitor reminds you of a specific episode, or a special someone? Have you ever wondered why Careless Whisper makes you cry? Summer of 69 reminds you of your college days?
Yes, music is a lot more powerful than we could imagine. Music can make us laugh and cry and remind us of our past, can earn a moment special with its magical touch, a particular melody can take us into a flashback tour. There are songs which remain very near our hearts through our lives out, isn’t it? No wonder music will have the ability to elevate your spirit as you feel blue, no matter how awful you are feeling. You may really get over anxiety, depression and anxiety with the assistance of music. Could you ever imagine that music can heal a range of physical and mental issues?
Did you know?
There are certain illnesses and ailments, like anxiety, chronic pain, insomnia, addictions, smoking, cardiovascular illnesses, post-traumatic-stress syndrome, anxiety disorder/anxiety, overweight, anorexia, bulimia, depression, low self-esteem, anxiety, creative or psychological blocks, anger, anxiety, sadness, hyperactivity, attention deficit disorder, internal child processing (adults), tension and sleeplessness for the pregnant girl, pain and anxiety during birth, colic and nervousness in the newborn baby, breastfeeding, psychological armor, struggles, infertility, cancer, anger, AIDS, disease, anxiety, lack of self-respect, immune system suppression, scleroderma, frustration, person transformational songs, self-reflection, heightened awareness, comfort, and inspiration.
What to do?
- You have to select proper music for you, depending upon how you’re feeling right now. If you feel really low, you may believe that a peppy music can enable you to change your mood. But the notion is incorrect; it may make you feel irritated. So you will need to select a song to match your mood. You, initially, have to prepare a correct sequence so the music can assist you. You can make your own music track and save it for future use.
- When you’re depressed, pick the song that will take you to the deepest melancholy and play it in the beginning. Then another song should be of moderate depression followed by a neutral composition. Then end it with a composition that’s actually uplifting and motivating. This is the appropriate sequence of a music therapy to cure depression. You can increase the amount of compositions depending upon your availability of time and your personal requirement.
- Women, let your hair down, loosen your tight outfit; settle yourself down in a manner that most relaxing. Men, loosen your tie knot, lie down and relax, take deep breath as you relax.
- Now close your eyes and just listen to the audio compositions and allow your heart, soul and mind go with this. Just release yourself from the logical bindings, set your mind free. If you feel like crying, just do it! There’s nothing wrong in it, you can’t imagine how venting-out bitter and dangerous feelings such as anger, pain, frustration, hopelessness can heal inner wounds. So cry your heart out, I bet you’ll feel as though a 20 pound weight was eliminated from your heart.
- You have to pre-plan your time so you don’t get interrupted until the end of the session. Make certain that you’re not involved in any sort of actions during the session to prevent disturbance. This can enable you to receive optimum reaction to the transformation procedure. The means of answer can be different to everybody, you might experience the glimpses in the past, or visual images, ideas, intensified emotions, sleep, physical vibration (you might feel like dancing) etc.. Set yourself free and do whatever you feel like, don’t restrict any emotion.
- When the music stops, don’t get up and return to your routine. Sit and enjoy the silence and give yourself time to get back from the world of rhythm.
- If you can keep a record of your daily report of your mental condition before and after the audio session, to gauge the improvement. Keeping record is useful but not so important. You will feel the difference, I need not tell you the way you ate going to feel after passing an hour with songs.
Allow me to inform you that a plant’s growth increases if audio is played close to it, a dying sapling could be revived my songs. Music is the spring of unending positive vibration and power which could ease any ailing living being, emotionally or physically. There’s a really strong relationship between mind and body which we can’t just deny because science hasn’t been able to test it properly till today. Music cure mind and mind heals body, this is the mantra of audio. Try the musical strategies to cure your depression and let me know how you felt after that!