There’s power in massage. The truth is it’s been known and practiced for its curative effects. It has always been administered to patients to fully recover from their current sick state. Different studies also have been conducted to establish its curative claims and so far there have been a good deal of evidences linking its efficacy in treating specific health conditions. Massage that’s applying pressure and motion on the body has an extensive list of advantages.
It may increase joint mobility, restore range of movement to stiff joints, improve muscle tone and balance, relieve muscle stiffness, and spasms, increases flexibility in the muscles, increases blood flow, promotes rapid elimination of toxin and waste products, improve circulation, improve blood circulation, strengthen immune system, reduce stress and anxiety and far more. There are various kinds of massage. They vary based on where they came from. Some of the most popular massages are listed below and how they’re performed.
- Swedish Massage. This utilizes five styles of long, flowing strokes that are sliding or gliding, kneading, rhythmic tapping, working across the muscle fiber, vibration and tapping.
- Myofascial Release Massage. This type uses applying compression or tension in various directions otherwise called skin rolling.
- Deep Tissue Massage. Focusing on the muscles located under the surface of the greatest muscles, this sort of massage employs a dedicated set of strokes and techniques and won’t be used for the entire body in one session.
- Breema Massage. The strokes involves rhythmical and gentle leans and stretches.
- Hot Stone Massage. This type uses heated, smooth stones which are set on specific points on the body. The stones may also be utilized by the therapist on the customer and will apply gentle pressure on it.
- Shiatsu Massage. This sort of massage utilizes localized finger strain in a rhythmic sequence on acupuncture meridians. Each stage is held for 2-8 minutes.
- Aromatherapy Massage. This sort of massage involves massage treatment with one or more essential oils.
- Thai Massage. This sort of massage involves gentle pressure on specific points in addition to compressions and stretches.
- Slimming Massage. This sort of massage involves pressure and acupuncture. Its techniques might include rubbing, slapping, striking, tapping, and providing friction.
- Tui Na and Zhi Ya Massage. These are traditional Chinese massages which involve pushing, stretching, kneading the muscle, pinching, and pressing acupuncture points.