Lately the healthcare market has seen a rapid expansion in acupuncture treatment for various health conditions around the world, with over 14 million people in the United States of America (USA) alone using the treatment. But the most often asked questions concerning acupuncture by patients have been, can it cure cancer?
The medical community’s response is YES IT CAN, as Acupuncture is no longer regarded as just a remedy for a headache, asthma, and strokes, but is now among the most sought remedies to deal with numerous cancer-related symptoms and ailments, and also the side effects of cancer therapies. Over the years there has been a wonderful deal of research done on whether acupuncture can actually cure cancer, as well as the decisions caused by the studies have proven that it does.
- Improves overall immune system: By improving the elements of the immune system such as Natural Killer (NK) cells and lymphocytes, and increasing white blood cell count, it enhances the immune system and lowers the probability of having a disease.
- Manages pain: It assists in handling the longstanding pain brought on by cancer patients because of social, psychological and biological aspects. It functions as a non-pharmaceutical mediator for handling the pain to an extent that even when the pain in cancer patients isn’t directly associated with cancer.
- Reduced nausea and vomiting: Studies have shown that cancer patients experience less nausea and vomiting brought on by chemotherapy.
- Boosts Quality Of Life (QOL): Acupuncture treatment shows encouraging results like reduced depression and anxiety, hot flashes, dyspnea, insomnia and leukopenia in cancer patients that boosts the Quality Of Life.
- Lastly, this therapy is all natural. I understand, by seeing those near to me with cancer, your focus is on surviving cancer and taking charge when you’re in remission. With the support of your medical physicians, you might have the ability to use acupuncture and other alternative procedures to increase your well-being, alleviate stress, and experience a better quality of life.
Medical experts are generating and publishing studies which suggest acupuncture, used in conjunction with chemo, lowers the chance of permanent neuropathy. I remind those reading my posts that nothing replaces a personal appointment with your physician. While I am delighted to offer you health and exercise choices, if you have some doubts regarding your health, make an appointment to talk with your physician. Your doctor is in the best position to help you in making healthcare decisions.