Have you ever been diagnosed with genital warts caused by the HPV virus? If so, your physician has probably advised you of the more conventional treatments available such as pharmaceutical ointments, cryosurgery (freezing), electrocautery (burning) or laser treatment. While many people undergo these kinds of treatments, some opt for a less invasive natural solution by visiting a Naturopathic doctor.
Es bueno saberlo
While there’s no cure for the hpv virus, there are specific natural treatments that can help reduce and eliminate the warts over time. Before resorting to medically invasive treatments many people are choosing to try alternative treatments that may naturally help reduce or eliminate genital warts. Many holistic treatment resources advise that different remedies will work for different individuals so it might take a little trial and error to find one suited to your requirements.
- Goldenseal: considered to have natural antibiotic properties and may destroy many types of viral infections.
- Tea Tree Oil: powerful antibacterial and antibacterial aromatherapy essential oil.
- Aloe Vera: healing and soothing properties.
- Garlic Oil: or even raw garlic is believed to promote white blood cells ability to fight disease. Most of these topical treatments haven’t been clinically proven as an effective treatment for genital warts, but have shown to have positive benefits is related studies or in fighting other types of viral infections.
Other notable mentions for natural topical remedies also include; cabbage juice, banana skin, chickweed, dandelion juice, rubber plant, and pineapple juice.
- Echinacea: known for its ability to enhance the immune system, is important in treating genital warts.
- Astragalus: used in Chinese herbal medicine for over 2000 years, Astragalus is known to improve the body’s ability to fight off viral and bacterial infections, such as the Human Papilloma Virus, by boosting the body’s immune system. Astragalus has been taken as a supplement by people undergoing chemotherapy to help restore their tired immune systems.
- Garlic powder tablets: Once used in 1550 BC by Egyptians as an external treatment for tumors, garlic has long since been known for it’s medicinal values. Of the many benefits garlic has on the human body, it promotes the ability of white blood cells to fight disease. A natural antibiotic, garlic is effective in countering bacteria, fungus and viral conditions.
- Vitamins: Supplementation with high doses of vitamin A, B complex, vitamin C, E, zinc, lactobacillus acidophilus and the amino acid L-cysteine have shown to have immune boosting benefits. Furthermore, other noted antiviral herbal supplements include dandelion, greater celandine (cheilidonium), mullein, thuja, houseleek, goldenseal, calendula, lomatium, pau d’arco and wintergreen.
Estilo de vida
Additionally it is recommended that you take a proactive approach in improving your health through lifestyle. By reducing sugars and refined foods, reducing red meat, increasing vegetables and fruit, taking the necessary vitamins and minerals, drinking tons of water, regular exercise and getting proper rest, you will boost your immune system which will help in fighting off the virus. Because genital warts are considered a sexually transmitted disease, diagnosis will often have an emotional impact on the sufferer.
Many people will experience a whole gamut of feelings including guilt, fear, rage, isolation and helplessness. HPV is one of the most common viruses in the world with an estimated 20 million sufferers, so as you can see you aren’t alone. It’s believed that emotional health has a direct effect on your physical health. Therefore it’s very important to work through these feelings. Contact your local STD clinic for a list of support groups available in your area, or there are countless support groups and message boards available online.
Through seeing other people’s experiences, you will see HPV is a very manageable virus. Since the majority of these natural remedies are considered reasonably safe, they might be worth investigating before turning to invasive and costly medical treatments. Ensure to discuss any alternative treatment strategies with your healthcare practitioner before starting them.