You might be shocked to learn according to the EPA, most homes have airborne concentrations of hazardous and toxic substances that are two to five times higher indoors than outdoors. In one five-year study the EPA reported that several homes had chemical amounts which were seventy times higher within the homes than outdoors!


Learn how toxic chemicals in your house may be causing your asthma. Most consumer products we use every day contain over sixty-three toxic products including hundreds of different toxic compounds. The goods we clean our houses with are full of toxic chemicals. We use these products with no security whatsoever and with no ventilation. Industry workers are expected to wear special goggles and gloves when dealing with chemicals exactly like those we use daily. We assume that simply because the goods are sold in the shops they are safe to use.

Toxic chemicals can enter our bodies by consuming, absorbing through the skin, and breathing the atmosphere.

  • TIDE & CHEER DETERGENT: Can cause temporary respiratory tract irritation. Can lead to asthma attacks.
  • CLOROX: Eye, skin and respiratory irritant. Especially hazardous to people with heart conditions or asthma.
  • LYSOL DISINFECTANT: Eye, skin, respiratory tract irritant.
  • DEODORANT SOAP: may lead to cancer; triggers asthma; irritates lungs. Breathing in the poisonous fumes can cause serious reactions like burning eyes, runny noses, headaches, problems breathing, etc..

Did you know?

Touching the goods with your skin can lead to skin rashes not only the toxic chemicals go directly to your bloodstream. People with existing lung conditions like asthma should avoid all toxic products especially using aerosol products in line with the American Lung Association. The next household products are considered hazardous waste based on the San Francisco Household Hazardous Waste Program.

Because household products are considered hazardous substances, the government doesn’t let us throw them in the garbage. Any toxic cleaning product must be disposed of by a particular Household Hazardous Waste pick-up and put in particular toxic-waste dumps. What does this mean for you – toxic compounds in our household cleansers are making us sick. Asthma sufferers are particularly sensitive to chemicals because when we breathe in the toxic chemicals our immune system goes in overdrive. We respond by wheezing, shortness of breath, coughing, and asthma attacks.