A prestigious herb finds it cite in charak samhita for a rasayan. Rasayan is something that stop aging and promote longevity. Extensively used herb in making ayurvedic medications because of its miraculous actions. According to ayurvedic doctors regular utilization of Amla will make you live more then 100 years like a childhood.
It is supposed to rejuvenate all of the organ systems of the body, provide wellness and strength. It keeps us away from all of the diseases by boosting our immune system. Known as Emblica officinalis in biological terms and amlaki in Sanskrit language, is most abundant natural source of vitamin C. Amla have five from six rasa. Only lavan rasa isn’t present. It’s sheet virya (cold potency) in character.
Additionally, it possesses genius (heavy), ruksh (dry) and sheet (cold) properties, making it, work best on pitta disorders, even though it helps in suppressing each of the three aggravated doshas.
Good to know
Amla has a moderate sized shrub, which ranges from 20 – 25 ft. It owns yellow-colored flowers that blossom from February to May. Its fruit is greenish yellow in appearance, which can be found from October to April. It normally occurs in the region 4500 ft. Plant part used fruit. Amla is a miracle herb with many indications.
Due to its sheet virya effectiveness it’s widely utilised in diseases brought on by pitta disorders. It’s found an esteemed place in ayurvedic preparations. Chawanprash, triphala and amlaki rasayan have dominance of Amla. It’s used to substitute vitamin C in disease such as scurvy. It’s actions on all of the systems of the body.
- Digestive system- because of existence of five rasa it finds it application in decreased appetite, indigestion, acidity, constipation, gastric problems, and flatulence. Additionally, it assists in restoring mouth flavor and promotes salivation. Additionally, it strengthens the teeth. It’s beneficial in improving liver function. Good results also have been observed in gastric ulcers, because it’s sheet virya in effectiveness. It’s also valuable in piles.
- Circulatory system- it’s a fantastic impact on circulatory system and is of great value to heart. It keeps check on all of the toxins in the body circulating in blood; moreover in addition, it assesses the plaque formation in blood vessels, as it owns tickt rasa. It assists in lowering cholesterol and blood glucose level. It assists in producing good quality red blood cells. · Respiratory system- it’s extremely beneficial in countering kapha, hence quite useful throwing out sputum in the respiratory tract. It provides very good results in chronic cough, child hood and allergies asthma and tuberculosis.
- Nervous system- In addition, it aids in suppressing vata dosha thus, it is very beneficial in providing nourishment to the nerves and can be helpful in paralytic conditions. Additionally, it functions as brain tonic and helps to grasp item easily. It makes our sense organs work well and makes our reflexes sharp it’s also valuable in marinating calmness in your mind and suppresses mental tensions and anxiety. Additionally, it enhances general intelligence level of an individual.
- Reproductive system- It helps in enhancing quality of sperms because of its madhur (candy ) vipaka property. It’s also useful in curbing sparks from veins and is responsible for firming and providing strength to the female genital tract.
- Excretory system- it’s useful in condition s like Dysurea (painful urination). · Skin- it’s extremely beneficial in skin diseases as it’s sheet virya in potency. It inhibits pitta and therefore assists in getting relief from it. All the skin ailments are brought on by pitta dominance. Regular use of Amla promotes glow on skin and flaws wrinkles or loosening of skin. Good results are found in eczema.
- Hairs- its own internal use in addition to its neighborhood program on scalp provides great results in hair loss. It stimulates hair follicles thus promoting hair growth and improves texture of their hair. Additionally, it prevents premature graying of hairs and dandruff. Indian women generally use Amla to wash their hairs, which act as natural hair conditioner.
- It functions as anti pyretic agent because of sheet virya potency. Additionally, it acts as anti inflammatory agent thereby suppresses pain and swelling.
- Eyes- It locates great application in improving vision. Additionally, it lifts diseases such as reddening, itching and watering of eyes. Good results also have been observed in cataracts.
- General -As it comes under the category of rasayan, hence works as anti aging agent. Additionally, it enhances general health weakness. It retains tridoshas i.e. vata pitta and kapha in equilibrium there by marinating balance in body. Additionally, it makes our body’s immune system strong so help fight diseases.