Greek philosophers commenced theorizing about the nature as composed of elements like water, earth, ether etc.. This nature or environment has always been a jamboree for the inquisitive souls. This is precisely why man has left no stone unturned to research it. In discussing nature and environment related issues, the foremost question that comes to my mind is that what’s environment?
Let’s understand it
Have you ever pondered over the fact it isn’t merely the foliage and fauna but also the air you breathe, water you drink, things you perceive and touch as well as the food you eat which represents your surroundings! You’re encased by environment anyplace and anywhere. This environment has friends and foes. In the event of opponents, the logical selves inject most of them.
For example factories produce and present many toxic compounds in the environment which are hazardous for the whole mankind. This report will shed light on some of the substantial environmental enemies that envelope us all around the clock.
- The harmful pollutants such as carbon monoxide, lead, sulphur dioxide constantly pollute the atmosphere around us. Carbon monoxide is a poisonous compound, surplus inhaling of which is unexpectedly detrimental. Studies have revealed that CO enters into our blood and causes breathing ailments and even cardiac arrest.
- Lead is another deadly element that attacks the nervous system and is largely responsible for inducing evils like anemia and high blood pressure. Lead can be threatening to life. So it is much better to keep a check on the launch of lead on your environment. Other pollutants also that enter the air and water we consume and destroy the sanctity of surroundings (such as depletion of the ozone layer) are extremely dreadful. So as to avert the disease due to these germs or pollutants it’s far better to develop a strong immune system. Although much of resistance is genetically inherited nevertheless it can be significantly enhanced by intaking balanced and nutritious diet and exercising regularly.
- When we talk about pollution, noise pollution is also rather disturbing and annoying. A surge in the noise pollution level as a result of escalating traffic, factories and industries contributes to risks like insomnia and lack of concentration.
- The sun that enlightens the entire world can even be detrimental occasionally. The surplus of sun’s heat and ultraviolet rays that creep into the earth’s atmosphere because of the fatigue of protective ozone layer, cause many dermdisorders among people. To avoid these perils as much possible, wear sunscreen lotion, sunglasses and coated clothes while going out in sunlight.
- Apart from the pollutants such as smoke and other toxic gasses, the pesticides that are sprayed in the fields and on the plants have an injurious outcome. Through the veggies and fruits we eat these pesticides composed of toxic substances like DDT, Methanol, carbon monoxide etc. enter our body and damage it. Therefore it is recommended to wash the fruits and vegetables thoroughly before eating or cooking.
- The radiations which are released in the air as a result of nuclear reactions, nuclear tests, cell phones, computers and the like are also a source of risk. 7. The improvement of carbon dioxide in the air has caused global warming that has proven to be a enormous threat to life on earth. Planting more trees and plants that enhance the air with oxygen could stop global warming.