An aromatherapy massage is a Swedish massage treatment utilized for an assortment of different reasons for wellbeing. This therapy utilizes essential oils for massage. The therapist diffuses this oil in the room or add a few drops of oil to massage cream and applies it directly to your skin. Its objective is to enhance the physical and mental wellbeing.
As the oils are highly concentrated, it has to be diluted with another carrier oil or lotions. Some studies imply that these oils help improve mood and relieve stress and anxiety. You can talk to your therapist to choose which oils are best, secure and appropriate for you to use. Your therapist will recommend particular essential oils based on your requirements. There are numerous benefits of Aromatherapy massage based on the essential oil that you use. Massaging the skin with essential oil has calming and therapeutic benefits to the entire body.
- Improves Healing: It boosts the healing of the body and mind.
- Reduces Anxiety: Aromatherapy massage will help in decreasing anxiety levels. The massage helps release the endorphins, the body’s natural painkillers, and stress-reducing hormones. Oils used throughout the massage also remove the signs of anxiety.
- Headache: You may also find relief from persistent headaches or migraines by Aromatherapy massage. Peppermint oil is widely utilized to reduce headaches and enhances mood.
- Enhances Mood: Aromatherapy has proven beneficial to enhance mood. The sweet-scented essential oils when used in massage or inhaled through diffusers help improve the mood.
- Menstrual/PMS Relief: Aromatherapy is also used to treat PMS physical symptoms. It’s useful for treating pain and bloating during the Menstrual cycle.
- Preventing Dementia: Aromatherapy helps stop Dementia, which is an autoimmune disorder. Dementia is seen in older people. Aromatherapy enhances brain function and promotes memory which could help prevent diseases.
- Anti-Inflammatory: Aromatherapy calms skin and body inflammation. Tea tree oil is extremely beneficial and effective to treat eczema, psoriasis, and other severe skin infections.
- Treats Insomnia: Aromatherapy is also widely used as a treatment for insomnia and other sleep disorders. Aromatherapy massage calms the brain and relieves all of the stress and tension from the body, which can help calm the mind and induces sleep.
- Strengthens The Immune System: Aromatherapy massage helps boost the immune system. The essential oils are antibacterial and anti-microbial, which can be absorbed by the skin which boosts immunity.
- Pain Relief: Aromatherapy helps reduce chronic pain like muscle pain, joints, arthritis, or tissue discomfort. Aromatherapy Massage can repair damaged muscle tissue and decrease pain in joints or any part of the body.