Some people can always and easily get sick, make it influenza, a cough, cold or even stomach distress. Yet some people recover quickly while others take more time to recover, and some never completely recover. Why is that ? Everything lies in our own body’s immune system. People who have a strong immune system will undergo rapid recovery. Therefore, a healthy and well-cared for immune system can effectively prevents most illnesses. Nutritional immunology is a science which studies the connection between nutrition and immune system.
According to Nutritional immunology, nutrient-rich foods contribute to a strong immune response, which then neutralizes disease-causing germs and prevents diseases. Prevention is far better than cure. By preventing diseases, we don’t have to think about curing them. Just like fighting a raging fire, it’s easier and better to control the flames until they grow. Talk about safety, few will question the need to invest billions of dollars to train troops, state of the art complex weapons and aircraft, around-the-clock surveillance and progress back-up defenses.
Goes to our body, it’s also equipped with an internal military that as, if not more effective. The only difference is that its enemies are invisible to the naked eye. Ever since antibiotics have been discovered, people have been focusing more on treatment and not as much on prevention. When come to protecting our own body from disease causing germs, nothing come close to a healthier immune system.
What to do?
So how can we maintain the immune system in tiptop condition? There are 4 criteria you need to meet to maintain a strong immune system.
- Ensure sufficient sleep. When we sleep, our body tissues go in the process of removing toxic substances and at exactly the exact same time repair damaged cells. Hence, it’s necessary to get enough sleep and rest.
- Regular exercise. Waling and deep breathing is a superb exercise for people of all ages. Do try to do some type of walking as and if your schedule permits.
- Maintain a steady emotion. Be happy and think positively all of the time. When we are stressed, our body will secrete hormones called corticosteroid, which will suppress our immune system by up to 80 percent.
- Take balance nutrition. The first three criteria as stated above are fairly straight forward and can be easily fulfilled, but the fourth standards requires knowledge, knowledge and discipline to identify and choose the food that’s quite beneficial for the body.
- Make certain to take healthful plant foods which have disease fighting nutrients such as phytochemicals, antioxidants and polysaccharides. These disease fighting nutrients are available in most fruits and vegetables. Therefore, to maintain a strong and healthy immune system is to eat a lot of vegetables and fruits.