Are you searching for ways to treat shingles obviously? Shingles is a dreadful viral disease that originates from the varicella-zoster virus developing a painful rash on the body. The varicella-zoster virus is the same virus that causes chickenpox. Once someone has the chickenpox, the virus lies dormant in nerve tissue near the spinal cord and the brain, but years after the virus may resurface as shingles. Most individuals get shingles just once, but it’s possible to receive it multiple times.
Shingles typically is not life-threatening. However, it may result in pneumonia, hearing difficulties, blindness, brain inflammation, encephalitis and in rare cases death. One in every four people who get Shingles will encounter at least a couple of complications. The most common complication of shingles is a condition called post-herpetic neuralgia or PHN. People with PHN have acute pain where they had the rash, even after the rash clears up.
The pain from PHN may be severe and debilitating, but it usually improves in many weeks or months. However, some people can have pain from PHN for several years. As individuals get older, they’re more likely to develop PHN, and the pain is more likely to be acute.
Another side effect of the virus is Ramsay Hunt Syndrome that often mimics Bells Palsy. This syndrome strikes the nerve in the inner ear that affects facial nerves and can result in permanent paralysis, hearing loss and balance issues. According to medical professionals, someone who has active shingles can spread the virus once the rash is at the blister phase, but they aren’t infectious until the blisters appear. Once the rash has developed crusts, the man or woman is no longer infectious.
- Keep the rash covered.
- Don’t scratch or touch the rash.
- Wash your hands often to prevent spreading the virus.
- Avoid pregnant women, babies, individuals, the elderly or individuals with weakened immune systems.
So what can we do ourselves to treat shingles obviously?
- Use olive oil extract to help fight the virus so the length is shorter.
- Mix silver sol with water and place into a small spray bottle to use on blisters and sores to help dry out and heal them. This does not sting the eyes. This can also be taken internally to combat the virus. Apply cream which comprises DMSO (MSM), frankincense (Boswellia Serrata), arnica, B6 to encourage relief from nerve pain and inflammation. There’s not any burning sensation involved with this lotion and relief is fast.
- Consider capsaicin that’s the ingredient found in various varieties of hot peppers that reduces the degree of pain signals in the body. However, you must take care not to touch your eyes after using it or it might cause a burning sensation in your skin.
- Eat healthy, fruits and veggies and steer clear of sugar as it appears to lengthen recovery time.
- Eat one raw garlic clove each day. This is a great natural antibiotic and will help those struggling to resist the virus.
- Get a lot of rest and avoid stress as much as you can. I need everyone suffering with Shingles much health. Remember, what we do for ourselves now, makes tomorrow a better day!